An extremely compact, silent, efficient and environment-friendly heating system for heating of large area commercial, industrial, storage facilities, apartment blocks, hotels, schools and other buildings via the water heating system (floor heating or radiators). Connected with water heaters, the system of a MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC heat pump and an ECODAN Hydro-box ERSE tank is capable of preparing hot water for domestic use. This is an alternative replacing a high-cost and polluting district, gas, oil or another heating system with a much more environment-friendly and cost-effective heat pump technology which is using renewable energy sources.
The ECODAN Hydro-box ERSE heat pump system can also perform a cooling function.
What is the ECODAN Hydro-box ERSE heat pump system?
The compact ECODAN Next Generation Hydro-box ERSE system consists of two components – the aerothermal (air-to-water) heat pump outdoor unit that can be selected depending on the need for heating, and the indoor part – the All-in-one Ecodan Hydro-box ERSE-YM9EC tank (the indoor and outdoor parts are interconnected with a pipeline).
The indoor unit of an appliance is only 0.800-meter high, but is equipped with all the necessary components of a boiler-room: insulated plate heat exchangers, a 9 kW electric heater, a circulation pump GRUNDFOS, a filter, a safety valve (3 bar), pressure gauges, an automatic safety valve, a flow sensor/switch, an illuminated LCD display/controller.
There is no integrated water heater in the tank, but desired volume boilers may be connected for preparation of domestic hot water. Moreover, a number of heat pump outdoor units and ERSE tanks may be combined into a single heating system thereby ensuring sufficient output of the equipment depending on the heating requirements of the building.
Due to an extremely compact construction, Hydro-box ERSE tanks may be easily installed in all types of buildings, without a need for a separate boiler-room.
The main advantages of the system of a heat pump with an ECODAN Hydro-box ERSE tank:
- High seasonal coefficient of performance (SCOP) and energy labelling class A ++ (A) of the system,
- Guaranteed cost-effective heat supply under the temperatures of down to -28°C (when the outdoor unit features the ZUBADAN technology)
- Three functions in one system: heating/hot water preparation/cooling
- All components of the heating system are installed in one compact ERSE tank
- Energy and electric power consumption monitoring function (on the screen of a controller, via WiFi or Modbus)
- Modbus, WiFi or analogue control possibility
- Low weight and low noise level